Just venting (Part II) - A social media view

Hi y'all!

As always I expect that you've had the nicest couple of weeks and in case you wanna know mine were good (no complains tho 馃槉) actually I spent my weekend watching Friends 馃檶馃徑, Panda Bear always asks me how come I keep watching it and still be able to laugh at the same jokes over and over again, well I don't know, but honestly I confess myself as a Friendsaholic can't help but watch it on Netflix all the time 馃槅 (oh well).

Well, since I started the IG page for the blog (@letmetalktoyouhonestly) 馃憟馃徑*go follow if you haven't yet* I was thinking that there is a lot of competition out there, you know (and I'm not talking about growing more followers)is just it seems so hard now to feel good about ourselves with all the things we see on SM everyday (that's a real hustle 馃槗馃槗). I was going thru my followers list and honestly guys if we paid attention to all the things we see on IG or other pages we will be so screwed cause is in our nature to compare ouselves to others and want what the other person has without knowing what they had to do to get it (a personal thought).

I mean the fact that we see people traveling all the time or having dinners at expensive places or showing their body or just being able to gain a bazillion followers or showing themselves to you like the happiest couple (must of the time yoy know them so you already know us a lie) does that make them any better than me or you? Why we wish we can live their lives? Is very obvious that the answer should be NO (reffering to the first question), but still we can't help but feel sad about it, we even feel a little jealous and all (even more if we feel we are not even close to have that life) and I gotta say that those feelings are too heavy to carry on top of all the rest you have to carry around all the time.

We should never let social media or simple stuff like the rest of people tell us what's pretty or not, which colors you should wear or you can't wear that because you curvy/thick or too skinny or that you are not successful if you don't own certain things... In case you are one of those who cares about it well stop caring about it because there are many people in SM that are not what they seem, maybe they suffer a lot in order to show you that smile on their pages or in order to tell you that they feel pretty good about the life the choose, remember that what you're actually seeing is what they chose to show to the world, we see faces but no their hearts and maybe we all should think about that next time we get jelous 'bout what others have... You shouldn't be worry about what you can't control because otherwise you're gonna be living a very, very unhappy life.

From a real person to real people let me just remind you to be yourself, go search for things that we'll fill your life with positivism instead of losing your self confidence with all the weird shit we find out there. Be your better version and hold on to it so you become stronger, love every inch of you just the way it is.

And for those who lie on their SM's account just STOP LYING, I mean it must be a hustle to show you as something you are not all the time it must be really tiring, but i'll leave it to you.

Moral: Do not fall for everything you see on your social media, you never know what's behind it.

Untill next sunday... 馃憢馃徑









Comentarios

Entradas populares